Here's a comprehensive look at a typical workflow for the Shapeoko 3 Desktop CNC. We'll cover the design of a part in Carbide Create and how to machine it in this step-by-step tutorial.
Watch the embedded video for step by step instructions!
Parts and tools list, more links will be added soon.
- 201 Endmill (https://shop.carbide3d.com/collections/cutters)
- 90 Degree V-bit (https://shop.carbide3d.com/collections/cutters)
- Soldering iron, flux & solder
- 120 & 220 grit sand paper
- Shellac (BIN Primer recommended)
- Spray Paint or Plastidip
- Wood Glue
- MDF or plywood - speaker body (1in x 12in x 24in)
- Hardwood - front face of speaker (1in x 5in x 12in)
- 3x 18650 Lithium Batteries (either from Parts Express or recycle them from a laptop battery)
- 1/4-20 Threaded inserts (https://www.mcmaster.com/92105a100, they only sell them in packs of 100 on McMaster-Carr)
- 4” 1/4x20 bolts (https://www.mcmaster.com/90044a131, sold in packs of 10)
- Dayton Audio KAB-215 2x15W Class D Audio Amplifier Board with Bluetooth 2.1
- Dayton Audio KAB-LED Red/Green/Blue LED Package for Bluetooth Amplifier Boards
- Dayton Audio KAB-BE 18650 Battery Extension Board for Bluetooth Amplifier Boards
- Dayton Audio KAB-AB L-type Aluminum Bracket for Bluetooth Amplifier Boards
- Dayton Audio KAB-FC Function Cables Package for Bluetooth Amplifier Boards
- Visaton FRS7-4 2.5" Full-Range Speaker 4 Ohm
- Samsung U083L03SSK1 3" Poly Cone Passive Radiator